Thursday, October 15, 2009

I have remember around 95% yang style 37 form movements and know where is Dan Tian (丹田)

Since last week, I am very busy as got new assignments from boss. Almost work till midnight everyday, and today has some free time to update my Tai Chi blog here to tell you I have remember around 95% yang style 37 form movements, and know where is Dan Tian. So happy! :)

Last few days, after look at the youtube, and try to practice few times every morning, and now only few steps need to that smooth, but at least I remember back those miss steps and link back other steps. So, the experience told me that if you have learn the Tai Chi Chuan before, then the video will help you remember the steps. BUT, if you are never learn the Tai Chi Chuan before, then you will have difficulty to learn it from video or book, and even you done all the steps, and I believe most of them are wrong, and even you just know the movement but without understand the spirit of it, and the application. The best is look for a Tai Chi Master to teach you.

This two days, before I sleep, I will read the Tai Chi 24 forms yang style book that I bought last week. The warming-up exercise is different from what I learn. The one I learn is only 3 steps movements, but the book introduce 12 sections, and mostly look like what we always can see those people move their head, hand, leg before swimming or sports competition. In another way, the main purpose for the warm up exercise before practice Tai Chi is to relax our body, and loosen our muscles, and get our blood circulated quickly to our working muscles, and important point is empty our mind.

Last time, a year before, most of the time I attend the Tai Chi class at night, and always think a lot of things (work, life, etc) in my mind during practice Tai Chi, then always can’t really concentrate for first 2 or 3 rounds. So, I may need to take 3 or 4 rounds at least then can start empty my mind, but I think this is a good way to release our pressure after busy day.

Now, I practice Tai Chi every morning, after done the warm up exercise, then already can concentrate on the Tai Chi movements without think too much. So, if talk about effectiveness, then morning practice Tai Chi is the best time that I think. After toilet is the best.. :p as rubbish already come out, and good ‘Chi’ can flow better in our body.

Oh ya, I learn one key point from this Tai Chi book. Last time, when I learn the Tai Chi, my Tai Chi Master always ask us concentrate on the ‘Dan Tian’ during practicing Tai Chi movements. Try don’t force your hand or legs to move it purposely, just move like a cat. So, the book told us that if your movement is ‘move your hand forward’, then try to tell yourself this way like ‘move your Dan Tian forward’, as Dan Tian is a source to trigger all the movements. So remember Dan Tian move first, then follow by hand or legs or any part of our body. Honestly, not easy when you are practicing Tai Chi using this method for every step, unless you already very familiar your Tai Chi steps without fail.

 

Where is Dan Tian?

I believe you know where is your belly button, just two inches below and behind the belly button, and is the center of our body. In Chinese word is ‘丹田’. This is very important point for us to practice Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and a lot of other type of breathing exercises from various countries / regions are also request us to concentrate on Dan Tian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maintained by Jasswin | Practice Tai Chi and Chi Kung For Your Good Health! |

Jump to TOP